|JCC Schools will be 2 hours late Friday, March 7th. |
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Monday, March 10th, 2014
NO SCHOOL - STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- GENERAL STUDENT INFORMATION
- Attn Yearbook Staff - Please see Susan in the Media Center to sign up to take pictures at school events.
- Students are reminded to order their 2013-14 yearbook online at www.yearbookavenue.com or with Susan in the Media Center.
- Students with Library Books checked out: All books are due back to the Library after 3 weeks. After this time they must be renewed or returned. Please review the books you have checked out. The Media Center still have overdue books from September of 2013. Thanks!
- Seniors: You are reminded to turn in your Baby & Senior pictures to Susan in the Media Center ASAP!
- Yearbook Staff –current or new: If you want to help Susan with layout and communications for yearbook advertisements please see her ASAP.
- The Windom Wetland Management District is recruiting for candidates for the 2014 Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) program. Stop in the office for more information.
- On Friday, March 28 the JCC Student council and American Red Cross will be having a blood drive at the JCC High School gym. Anyone 17 or 16 with parent permission may sign up to donate blood. If you’re interested in donating, please sign up in Mrs. T’s room. If you have any questions, please ask Mrs. T.
- Seniors: A reminder that your Jostens order for your cap & gown unit, graduation announcements and other senior items are due to the high school office by Thursday, March 13th. Order now, with your class, and get in on the group pricing! If you have any questions contact the Jostens rep at 507-532-0179 or firstname.lastname@example.org. *Be sure to order your cap & gown for graduation at this time
- SPORTS/ACTIVITY INFORMATION
- Track Practice Begins Today.
- Softball Practice Begins Today.
- The Spring Meeting for Baseball will be held tonight @ 6:00p.m. in the HS Media Center.
- Attn WRESTLERS - there will be a meeting right after school on Tuesday, March 11th in Mr. Hanson's room. Have your equipment cleaned & ready to turn in. You will also vote on Season Awards & discuss the banquet
- Spring Athletes are reminded that all paperwork & fees must be turned in to the Athletic Office BEFORE you can report to practice.
- Cheer tryouts are coming soon. If your interested in cheering for varsity football, wrestling or competition, please stop in Mrs. T’s room to sign up. There is also a letter for you to take home to your parents.
- ** Reminder to all Athletes and Extra Curricular Activities Participants - in order to compete you must be in school ALL day on the day of an event or competition and you must be here by 11:00a.m. in order to practice.
- FACULTY/STAFF INFORMATION
- There will be NO SCHOOL TODAY for Staff Development.
- Please excuse the following students all day on Tuesday, March 11th for the Region FFA competitions & Region Officer interviews:
Kate Wigans Paige Anderson Mady Vancura Maggie Post
Cole Lusk Bailey Schneekloth Michaela Vancura Sydney Eddy
Josh Christoffer Matt Schmit Kyle Christopher Andrew Holmberg
Michelle Buresch Andrew Hesse Patrick Tate Brandon Schmit
- Justin Petersen grace Rossow Hannah Holmberg
- Please excuse all Choir members on Wednesday, March 12th for the Large Group Contest @ Lamberton.
- Please excuse all Band Students during 6th hour on Tuesday, March 11th & Wednesday, March 12th.
- Please excuse the following students all day on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 for the Sub-region KB tournament.:
Rob Seivert Devin Price Becca Dose Bradley Gustafson Isaiah Croat Janice Zhang Josh Christoffer Jared O'Conner Justin Peterson Andrew Holmberg Warren Darling Patrick Tate
- Please excuse the following Anatomy students @ 9:00a.m.(for the remainder of the day) on Thursday, March 13th for a field trip:
Jordan Biehn Dakota Rossow Corri VanderWoude Jenna Peterson
Natalie Schlager Shad Wacker Brittany Woodke Marissa Betti
Narissa Gran Christian Akers Paige Anderson Shelby Benson
Whitney Carroll Jessica Cook Jordan Cushman Faith Hansen
Lexie Hoffman Nathan Jones Kyle Kapplinger Hunter Klontz
Emma Lilleberg Mackenzie Mohning Luke Norland Zach Paulson
Brady Place Jayde Price Bethany Sorensen Sam Swift
- Please excuse all Band & Choir members on Friday, March 14th, Monday, March 17th & Tuesday, March 18th for a trip to Memphis/New Orleans.
- We will have an Early Dismissal on Friday, March 14th for Staff Development. Our schedule that day
will be: 1st hour 8:10a.m. - 9:05a.m.
2nd hour 9:09a.m. - 10:04a.m.
3rd hour 10:08a.m. - 11:03a.m.
4th hour 11:07a.m. - 12:02p.m.
Lunch will be served @ 12:02p.m.
Busses will depart the High School @ 12:30p.m. SHARP!
- Friday, March 14th is the End of Quarter 3.
- COUNSELING OFFICE INFORMATION
- The MN West Job & Career Fair will be held @ the Luverne Public School on Thursday, March 27th, 2014 @ 1 - 3pm & 4 - 6p.m. This event is open to students in Grades 10 -12.
COLLEGE VISIT SCHEDULE
Thursday, March 13th Marines lunch hour
Tuesday, April 8th Northwest Iowa Community College 10:00a.m.